The Nigerian Journal Sociology and Anthropological is published biannually by the Nigerian Anthropological and Sociological Practitioners Association (NASA). It publishes dependable and timely information emanating from original research and new perspectives in sociology, anthropology and related fields. Regular articles – present and discuss original research within any area of sociology, anthropology and related disciplines in social sciences and humanities. The maximum length is 25 double-spaced pages including references, tables and figures.
All articles submitted are reviewed anonymously by at least two experts in the field. Submissions can take various forms including:
- Review or reflective articles – based on contemporary topic of scholarly interest. This should not exceed 25 pages double-spaced pages.
- Policy papers – report research relevant to policy-making on various aspects of social development. Policy reports should not be more than 20 double-spaced pages.
- Short Commentaries – about completed or on-going research projects on a subject of interest in Sociology/Anthropology, should not exceed 12 pages double-spaced pages.
- Letter to the Editor and Comments – usually on a paper previously published in the Journal or on issues highly relevant to Sociology/Anthropology are welcome. These are subject to editorial review before publication.
- Book Reviews – are encouraged. Publishers are also encouraged to submit complimentary copies of their books to the Editor-in-Chief for review.
- Advertising in the Journal – is accepted subject to editorial approval. Rates can be obtained from the Business Manager.
Preparation of Manuscripts
Soft copy of manuscript should be submitted on the submission platform. Contributions are accepted on the understanding that the authors have obtained the necessary authorization for publication of the results of their work. Unless otherwise stated, submission of a paper will be held to imply that it contains original unpublished work, devoid of plagiarised materials, and is not being considered for publication elsewhere.
Submission of Manuscripts
- Submit soft copies and/or CD copy of the paper to the Editor-in-chief. Submission can also be made online.
- The paper should be typed one-sided, double-spaced on A4 paper with left and right margins of 1.5 inches. Spellings should be according to the Oxford English Dictionary. The APA format of referencing should be used.
- Provide an abstract of not more than 150 words, and five key words of the study.
- Each Table should be typed on a separate page and identified by a short descriptive title immediately above the table. Tables should be numbered consecutively and in the order in which they are referred to in the text.
- Where necessary, footnotes should appear as ‘Notes’ at the end of the paper. They should be typed single-spaced on a separate sheet and numbered consecutively throughout the text.
- All illustrative materials, drawings, maps, diagrams and photographs should appear as Figures, each with a short title placed immediately below it.